This is a basic time line of events and snippets of history that all player characters are familiar with. Some of the truth has been exaggerated or not fully told
- 5000 BE. Time of the Ancients and the Golden Empire. The Ancients are the ancestors to all modern races. Their empire, the Golden Empire, spanned many worlds and planes, they built great fleets of starships and fought against unimaginable horrors from the furthest depths of the cosmos. They touched every star in the sky. But in their pride they challenged the gods, and lost. Records of the times before the Ancients are nearly non existent. (The Ancients fell about 4000 years ago) No one is certain as to how the Golden Empire fell and theories range from civil war to disease. Most mythologies claim that the empires fall was due to some kind of divine intervention.
- 2450 BE (Before Enlightenment): Fall of the ancients. No record relating to the Golden Empire goes beyond this point. In the following millenniums most historical records where lost, poorly maintained, fragmented, or destroyed. This was an age of chaos and barbarism. This was an age when ancient terrors roamed the world, dragons ruled the skies, and civilizations came and went in an eye blink. Advance technology of any sort was limited what ever artifacts that heroes could bring back from ruins. (This is the time period most similar to that of the basic D&D game world that WotC have established, where cities are tiny dots of light in an increasingly hostile world.)
- 0 AE (After Enlightenment): The beginning of advanced civilization. Permanent settlements become cities, Arcane academies are founded, roads are built, and vast empires begin to rise; just as the horrors of the ancient world retreated back to the deepest darkest corners of the world.
- 1423 AE: Start of the first industrial revolution. Steam powered inventions have started changing the way people live and work. Factories have started sprouting up in cities and inventors complete for the patents. later on the invention of the steam locomotive and airship will connect the distant corners of the world. This is also start of the imperial era, as empires start to compete for control over distant lands, resources and colonies to fuel their growing economies.
- 1462 AE: Invention of the difference engine; which took the human element out of incredibly complex calculations. Everything from navigation to factory production becomes more efficient.
- 1518 AE: Start of the second industrial revolution. Factories are now common place and the invention of the arcane engine has heralded a new age of machines. Repeating fire arms and giant iron clad airships are the new standards of modern military forces.
- 1540 AE: Start of the Great War.
- 1544 AE: End of the Great War. An armistice is signed between the Usilin Imperium and the Heiligian Empire and all of their respective allies. Both empires are blamed for causing the Great War. Sporadic fighting between smaller satellite states continues for the next 2 years.
- 1545 AE: The Immortal Empress of the Usilin Imperium steps down from power and gives control of the Imperium to a provisional government. The Empress quietly goes into exile. Government reformations begin for the establishment of a new Usilin republic.
- 1546 AE: The Usilin Imperium begins to decline as their colonies openly revolt. The country teeters on the brink of collapse due to famine and economic trouble after an unusually long winter. The Usilin Imperium sells off certain military assets to pay off debt but leaves the empire dangerously open to attack.
- 1547 AE: The Usilin Imperium is taken over High Admiral Volkov after a military coupe. Volkov declares him self the new “Tsar” of the Usilin Imperium. Ogre Kingdoms north of Usilith begin skirmishes into the country.
- Current Year 1548 AE